"If it weren't for bad luck, I would have nothing to talk about" - April

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm trying a new workout routine...

Yesterday's workout being my first, I expected some beginner's complications - and BOY did I have them.  I'm not even talking about just physical complications either, even though there were plenty of those too.


First of all, I have 3 kids, including a 4 year old who does not sleep.  That's why I chose my work out routine to be the "10 Minute Trainer" in the first place.  It's the only one I thought I could squeeze in to my nightly routine of tucking him in 89 times, getting 17 glasses of water, cleaning up 16 spilled glasses of water, supervising 12 trips to the bathroom...you get the picture.  Well last night I had added complications.  


My 10 minute workout took 50 minutes worth of mishaps just to be ready to go.


9:45pm: Living room DVD player is broken.  I have the one in my bedroom that I only used once when I bought the Stepbrothers DVD.  In fact, that was when it first came out and that DVD was still in there.  Anyway, glad I found it. 


9:55 Finally got the DVD player disconnected from the TV in my room and brought it to the den.  The den (which also doubles as the play room) is knee-deep with toys so I have to first to clear a spot.  I'm not going to lie, I probably broke some (most) of them while kicking them in frustration.


10:00 Now, back to hooking up this DVD player.  Oops!  These wires don't work for this old TV.  Searched the whole house and finally found the right ones. At last it's connected!!  Let's do this!!


10:05 Oh crap, where is the remote?  Scour the house for the remote and give up.  I will just press the buttons the old fashion way.  OK press PLAY. It is ON like Donkey Kong!!


10:10 Uh oh.  Why is it making that sound and why is that light blinking?  Oh, it's because the DVD player doesn't work now.  Nothing will play, not even Stepbrothers!! I'm not going to quit, I said I was starting Monday and I'm going to start if it kills me!!  I'll get the trusty ol' laptop.


10:15 "OK who used the laptop and didn't plug it in!!!????" Laptop is dead.  Fine.  i will climb behind the cabinet upstairs to disconnect the power cord and bring it in the den.


10:20 oh good, 100 updates needed to the laptop since this afternoon.  Click "remind me later" a hundred times.  Disk in.  lets go!!


10:25 Laptop is frozen.  Restart.  Now the sound doesn't work.  Restart.  anything else!!!??????


10:35 Begin workout.


10:45 I've collapsed on the floor.  I'm trying to pour water into my face but my arm can't lift off the ground.  At least it was a good workout.

1 comment:

  1. OMG...this one is too funny!!! Is it bad that I can picture this entire thing????

    ReplyDelete