"If it weren't for bad luck, I would have nothing to talk about" - April

Monday, April 2, 2012

Just an Average Day

In the last 24 hours all this happened:

  • Discovered cat urine all over my comforter in the laundry room.
  • Sent my son to his room screaming at least 8 times.
  • Had a glass pot lid literally explode on impact when my daughter dropped it.  
  • Discovered (while driving) that when I wear my contacts, it now gives the feeling that my eyes are crossed.
  • Almost got bit by a dog
  • Re-injured my knee by doing something goofy to make the kids laugh...and continued doing it because the laughter was too much to resist, but now I can't do stairs again.
  • Clogged and unclogged the kitchen sink
  • Chipped a coffee mug
  • Tripped over my husbands shoes literally 4 times in an hour.  I thought I kicked them "out of the way" after each incident, yet I still managed to keep tripping over them.
  • Found my daughter imitating a fountain with the cup of water I gave her
  • Remembered the inspector is coming today so I had to move sheet rock, a ladder, tools, etc to make the water heater accessible.
  • Carbon Monoxide detector went off.
  • Mom shows up to watch the kids and thinks she has a stomach virus. 
  • Remembered that my son has a Dr. appointment at noon and I can't find the referral.
  • Found my past due car registration form while trying to find the referral.
  • Didn't get out the door for work until 9:17am and I have to leave before noon for the appointment.
  • Mom tells me at 9:16 that I'm out of milk (none left for the baby today)
  • Got on the highway at 9:18, hit crawling traffic at 9:19.
  • Almost got sandwiched by a tanker that just noticed the traffic jam.
  • Forgot my jacket and walked into work as an ice pop.
  • Got into work and discovered the fishie's pump broke in his tank over the weekend = I have to clean and change a fish tank in my new blouse.
Yup, just an average day.


No comments:

Post a Comment