"If it weren't for bad luck, I would have nothing to talk about" - April

Friday, March 23, 2012

Girlfriends

A close friend of mine sent me an email recently that really stuck in my mind.  I read it several times and I think I'll save it.  In a nutshell it said something about a college professor telling his class that "one of the best things a man could do for his health is to be married to a woman" and "one of the best things she could do for her health was to nurture her relationships with her girlfriends".

I can't emphasize how much I agree with this.  No matter how stressful life can get (and you know I have some rough days) I always feel totally invigorated after a "girls night".  I feel like my whole outlook on life is brighter, almost as if my soul has been cleansed and my pent up stress has been purged from my body.  Of course this could always be blamed on a lingering influence of alcohol, but whatever the case I like my "girls nights".  If it's true that this is good for your health, we will live to be 200.  I won't get anyone in trouble by divulging detailed information but let me just say we know our way around a good time.  We could have a blast at a place that has pony rides - oh wait, that's because we DID have a blast at a place that has pony rides!  We left as six classy broads (plus our token boy) and a few hours later returned so shockingly transformed that my husband's only reaction was "What the hell is going on here!??"  We didn't come back ugly but we came back as a scene for sure and the hubby just shakes his head and loves me anyway.

Since I did my part in keeping my husband healthy by marrying him, he does his part by allowing me to partake in my girl's nights.  He's very generous in this way.  I sheepishly ask if he minds (thinking I'm going to owe him big-time) and he says yes like the saint he is.  Truth be told he probably loves it when I go out.  I mean think about it: he doesn't have to hear me bitching about anything, he does't have to watch The Real Housewives of anywhere, he can burp and fart as much as he likes with no objections and for whatever reason, the kids tend to fall asleep unusually early.  I suspect that the reason they fall asleep early is probably because HE falls asleep regardless of whether they are sleeping or not so they doze off out of sheer boredom, but don't tell him I said this.  Although there was this one time when I rolled up at 2am and my son was in the Living Room window waving to me.  My husband didn't even notice him climbing on him to see out the window.

If our past girls nights have been any indication, tonight should be a great time.  We always bring some form of mayhem and hysteria but what else would you expect from me in my life?  Anything short of totally ridiculous is just plain boring to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment